What is a
I Need One?
I’m glad you asked!
Let’s start with what a Certified Professional Recovery Coach is not:
- A Recovery Coach is not a Therapist, Counselor or other mental health professional
- A Recovery Coach is not a Consultant paid to give expert advice
- A Recovery Coach is not 12 Step Sponsor
Here are a few definitions of what a
Certified Professional Recovery Coach is:
- A Certified Recovery Coach is someone who collaborates with you to rebuild your life before and after addiction by working with your strengths and resolving your limitations to help you achieve your potential.
- A Certified Professional Recovery Coach guides you in reconnecting to your own inner capacity and resilience, and moving forward with setting and achieving recovery and life goals.
- A coaching relationship is based on mutual trust, experience and YOUR willingness to regain what you have lost or are currently losing through your relationship with alcohol.
When you are beginning your recovery journey it is vital to have support to help maintain your recovery and live your best life in recovery. That is where I come in. Let’s work together to move you forward in your recovery.
I am a SHE RECOVERS Coach, which means that I am trained in and my work aligns with the SHE RECOVERS Intentions & Guiding Principles.
SHE RECOVERS is an international movement of self-identified women in or seeking recovery from a wide variety of issues, including substance use and eating disorders, other behavioral health issues, trauma, abuse, codependency, cancer, grief, low self-esteem, perfectionism and other life challenges.